Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the website of Searcher Recruitment Pty Ltd (ACN 31 637 686 661) trading as Searcher Recruitment (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Searcher”), the global finance recruitment experts for creative, media and tech companies.
Our website is located at www.searcherrecruitment.com and includes all of the files located in that domain (“the Site”).
1.1 By accessing this Site, and/or using the recruitment services on the Site (“the Services”) including but not limited to:
- using the Site’s features and functionalities;
- participating in marketing (including the publication and dissemination of product information within the Site);
- accessing the Site and its user interfaces; and
- communicating with other third parties (e.g. advertising and media agencies on the Site)
You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use (“Terms”).
1.2 These Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you (and your agents and nominees) and Searcher (and its agents and nominees) and sets forth your rights and obligations with respect to the use of the Site. The Terms govern your use of this Site and your continued use of the Site constitutes your acceptance and acknowledgment of these Terms.
1.3 Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using the Site. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access the Site.
Legal capacity to transact
1.5 If you are under 18 years of age, you cannot use the Services through this Site. By using this Site you represent and warrant to Searcher that you are over the age of 18 years. Should Searcher suffer any damage or other losses as a result of use of the Services by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from his/her parents or guardians.
1.6 We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and we may change our eligibility criteria at any time.
Prohibited Conduct & Other Rules
2.1 Your use of this Site is subject to the rules set out in Schedule 1 below.
2.2 Without limiting any other remedies available to Searcher at law or in equity, Searcher reserves the right to, without notice:
- temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your access to this Site or refuse to provide products or services to you if:
- you breach any provision of these Terms;
- Searcher is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
- Searcher believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to Searcher, any of its customers or suppliers or any other person; and
- remove or block access to any information and/or materials (in whole or in part) that Searcher, at its sole and absolute discretion, regards in any way to be objectionable or in violation of any applicable law, any person’s intellectual property rights or these Terms.
2.3 You indemnify and hold harmless Searcher and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
- any material or information that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this Site;
- your use of, or connection to, this Site; or
- your negligence or misconduct, breach of these Terms or violation of any law or the rights of any person.
Searcher is a recruitment service and does not guarantee that you will receive employment opportunities by using the Site and/or the Services.
3.2 By using the Site and the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Searcher:
(a) does not warrant that you will receive any employment or job offers through the Site;
(b) shall not be responsible for any employment offers and/or actual employment received by you from any third parties;
(c) shall not be responsible for any remuneration, or costs incurred by you that are not reimbursed by any employer or potential employer, and it is up to you to ensure that such remuneration, or costs incurred are paid by such third party;
(d) is a recruitment service, and that you are responsible for all decisions made regarding any employment or job offers, which decisions shall be made at your sole discretion;
(e) does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or validity of information listed by third parties; and
(f) shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any materials posted by third parties on the Site.
3.3 It is essential that you use your own judgment, carry out your own due diligence and obtain any requisite advice you deem necessary in evaluating prospective employers and any materials provided by any third party on the Site.
4.1 You acknowledge and agree that all information you provide is complete, correct up to date and accurate and that you will ensure that when such information is no longer complete, correct, up to date and/or accurate, you will update it as soon as reasonably practicable.
4.2 You acknowledge and agree that, by providing any information on the Site, you are granting Searcher a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, copy, modify, display, distribute, download, store, reproduce, transmit, publish, transfer or adapt any of the information you provide.
4.3 You acknowledge and agree that Searcher may retain copies of any information you provide and disclose any such information to a third party if Searcher is of the belief, in its sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary to:
(a) protect any aspect of the Site or any rights of Searcher, legal or otherwise;
(b) comply with any Court order or legal proceedings; or
(c) promote Searcher’s interests.
Third party information
4.5 Searcher does not screen any third-party material posted to the Site, and does not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, completeness or validity of any third party material. By using the Site and/or the Services, you acknowledge and agree to bear all liability in relation to any inaccuracy or omission in any of the material on the Site, whether such material is provided by you, a third party or any other user of the Site.
Links to third parties
4.6 The Site contains links to external sites. Searcher shall not be responsible for any material contained on the content of those sites, nor should it be accepted that Searcher has reviewed or approved such sites. Use of any such sites is entirely at your own risk, and you acknowledge and agree that you shall bear all liability arising from your use of any external site.
There are various ways in which you will use the Site to provide Searcher with the information we require to connect you with prospective employers:
6.1 In these Terms, the term “Proprietary Content” means:
- this Site;
- all of its content (including all of the text, graphics, designs, software, data, sound and video files and other information contained in this Site, and the selection and arrangement thereof); and
- all software, systems and other information owned or used by Searcher in connection with the Products offered through this Site (whether hosted on the same server as this Site or otherwise).
6.2 All Proprietary Content is the property of Searcher or its licensors (as applicable) and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. You must not reproduce, transmit, republish or prepare derivative works from any of the Proprietary Content, except as expressly authorised by these Terms or with the prior written consent of Searcher or the other copyright owner (as applicable).
6.3 You may download and print out content from this Site only for your own personal and non-commercial use and provided that you do not remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. The foregoing does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any content retrieved from the Site and may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in our sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
6.4 The look and feel of this Site (including all button icons, scripts, custom graphics and headers) are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of Searcher. These trademarks, service marks and trade dress may not be used, copied or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Searcher.
6.5 In these Terms, the term “User Content” means any and all content that is submitted, posted or otherwise added to this Site by any user, such as comments, forum posts, chat room messages, reviews, ratings and feedback.
6.6 This Site contains some features that enable you and other users to upload User Content. Searcher reserves the right to display, refuse to display, remove and/or amend all or any part of any User Content at its absolute discretion. In respect of any User Content that you upload, you:
- represent and warranty to Searcher that your sharing of that User Content does not infringe any copyright or other legal right of any other person;
- grant to Searcher a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit all or any part of that User Content in any way at Searcher’s absolute discretion;
- agree and warrant that your User Content is truthful and not misleading, not deceptive or materially inaccurate in any way, including in relation to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or any other matter relating to the Products being offered; and
- acknowledge that we cannot and do not assume any liability for User Content, including but not limited to, incompleteness, inaccuracies or infringing materials and, as between you and Searcher, you hereby assume all risk of harm or injury resulting from any use or reliance on any information published or disseminated within the Site including User Content.
6.7 If you believe that our Site contains any material that infringes upon any copyright that you hold or control, or that users are directed through a link on this Site to a third party website that you believe is infringing upon any copyright that you hold or control, you may send a notification of such alleged infringement to us in writing.
6.8 Such notification should identify the works that are allegedly being infringed upon and the allegedly infringing material and give particulars of the alleged infringement. In response to such a notification, we will give a written notice of a claim of copyright infringement to the provider of the allegedly infringing material. If the provider of that material does not respond to us in writing denying the alleged infringement within 14 days after receipt of that notice, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material as soon as is reasonably practicable.
6.9 If the provider of that material responds to us in writing denying the alleged infringement, we will, as soon as is reasonably practicable, send a copy of that response to the original notifying party. If the original notifying party does not, within a further 14 days, file an action seeking a court order against the provider of the allegedly infringing material, we may restore any removed or blocked material at our discretion. If the original notifying party files such a legal action, we will remove or block the allegedly infringing material pending resolution of that legal action.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Searcher and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates exclude all liability to you or any other person for any loss, cost, expense, claim or damage (whether arising in contract, negligence, tort, equity, statute or otherwise, and for any loss, whether it be consequential, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or otherwise, including any loss of profits, loss or corruption of data or loss of goodwill) arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, these Terms or the use of this Site by you or any other person.
7.2 This Site is provided strictly on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this Site or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
- the use of this Site will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error-free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
- this Site will meet your requirements or expectations;
- anything on this Site, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this Site, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
- the quality of any Products, information or other material purchased or obtained through this Site will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
- errors or defects will be corrected; or
- this Site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Exclusion of liability
8.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Searcher and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates exclude all liability to you or any other person for any loss, cost, expense, claim or damage (whether arising in contract, negligence, tort, equity, statute or otherwise, and for any loss, whether it be consequential, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or otherwise, including any loss of profits, loss or corruption of data or loss of goodwill) arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, these Terms or the use of this Site by you or any other person.
8.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly limit their liability for breach of any non-excludable condition or warranty/guarantee implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is to be at the Company’s sole discretion):
- in the case of goods, to any of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
8.3 You agree that your use of this Site is at your own discretion and risk. You agree to release Searcher and its officers, employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from any claim, demand or cause of action that you may have against any of them arising from these Terms or the use of this Site by you or any other person. Searcher may plead this release as a bar and complete defence to any claims or proceedings.
8.4 To the maximum extent permitted by law, and without limiting any other provision of these Terms, Searcher excludes liability for any delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms where such delay is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Searcher, and Searcher shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for the performance of such obligations.
9.1 In these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, the following rules of interpretation apply:
- headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit or describe the scope or extent of any provision in these Terms;
- these Terms may not be construed adversely against Searcher solely because Searcher prepared them;
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a “person” includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, a body corporate, a partnership, an unincorporated body, an association, a government body or any other entity; and
- the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by “including”, “for example”, “in particular” or similar expressions.
9.2 Searcher may provide any notification for the purposes of these Terms by email.
9.3 Except as specifically provided in these Terms, each party must bear its own legal, accounting and other costs associated with these Terms.
9.4 You may not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without Searcher’s prior written consent.
9.5 Searcher may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of its rights or obligations under these Terms at any time without notice to you.
Third Party Rights
9.6 The agreement set out in these Terms are between you and us and no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
9.7 Waiver of any power or right under these Terms must be in writing signed by the party entitled to the benefit of that power or right and is effective only to the extent set out in that written waiver. Any failure by Searcher to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive Searcher’s right to act with respect to that breach or any subsequent or similar breaches.
9.8 The provisions of these Terms are severable and, if any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future law, such provision may be removed and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
9.9 Searcher reserves the right to amend these Terms and any other policy on this Site at any time in its sole discretion and any such changes will, unless otherwise noted, be effective immediately. Your continued usage of this Site will mean you accept those amendments. We reserve the right, without notice and at our sole discretion, to change, suspend, discontinue or impose limits on any aspect or content of this Site or the Products offered through this Site.
9.10 You may only vary or amend these Terms by written agreement with Searcher.
Governing law and jurisdiction
9.12 These Terms will be governed in all respects by the laws of New South Wales. The parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and the courts of appeal from them.
YOU MUST NOT:
- use any device, routine or software that interferes, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this Site;
- engage in any action that requires, or may require, an unreasonable or excessively large load on our infrastructure;
- use this Site to decipher passwords or security encryption codes, transmit any worms, viruses or Trojan horses, transfer or store illegal, threatening or obscene material or otherwise violate the security of any computer network;
- use this Site to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, to engage in any misleading or deceptive online marketing practices or for any fraudulent or malicious purposes;
- use any spider, robot or search/retrieval application or any screen scraping, data mining or similar data gathering device, process, program or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this Site;
- use this Site by any automated means;
- use this Site to transmit junk mail, spam or chain letters or pyramid schemes or engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email;
- access, retrieve or index any portion of this Site for use in constructing or populating any database that is searchable online or for the purpose of soliciting or sharing reviews;
- interfere with the display of any advertisements appearing on or in connection with this Site;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, modify, translate, frame or reformat any of the material contained on this Site;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or store any of the material appearing on this Site other than for your own personal and non-commercial use;
- falsely imply that any other website is associated with this Site;
- do anything that leads, or may lead, to a decrease in the value of Searcher’s intellectual property rights in this Site;
- use or exploit any of the material appearing on this Site for, or in connection with, any business or enterprise (whether for profit or otherwise), including any business or enterprise that is in competition with this Site;
- release to the public any news release, advertising material, promotional material or any other form of publicity or information relating to Searcher without Searcher’s prior written consent; or
- use this Site to transmit any information or material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be:
- abusive, threatening, harassing, harmful, obscene, indecent, lewd, inflammatory, violent, vulgar, profane, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- libellous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarised;
- infringing upon or violating any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- in breach of any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound, whether by way of a fiduciary or contractual relationship;
- in breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights;
- a misrepresentation of facts, including the impersonation of any person or entity or a misrepresentation of an affiliation with any person or entity (including any sponsorship or endorsement);
- in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encouraging of others to do so;
- containing any political campaigning material, advertisements or solicitations; or
- likely to bring Searcher or any of its staff into disrepute.